Thursday, September 4, 2008

Indigo Moms

If you were born during the 70s, 80s or 90s, you were most likely bottle-fed as a baby. And if you were born during the said decades, you probably had your fill of Cerelac and Gerber.

Contrary to what past moms have been doing, mothers of our generation are becoming extra conscious about their children’s well-being. Most of the young mothers I know, including myself, are breastfeeding advocates. When they’re ready to eat solids, we prepare homemade/organic food for our kids (that’s why some of the brands now offer ready-made “organic” baby food). We’re even mindful of the ingredients in our babies’ bath and body products.

If you happen to visit www.babycenter.com, you’ll find so many products for babies. As an advocate of breastfeeding, I naturally look at products that will make life easier for me – not that I’m really having a hard time feeding my daughter. I look at breast pumps, nursing bottles, nursing pillows, nursing accessories, etc.

Speaking of accessories, one accessory that I think every breastfeeding mommy should own is a nursing bib. Do you know what a nursing bib is? If you know, good for you! If you don’t, oh well, I feel sorry for you. Kidding! It’s a gigantic version of a baby’s bib. The purpose, of course is different. A baby’s bib is used to get rid of drool, a nursing bib is used to cover mommy’s breast and baby while breastfeeding in public. As far as I know, it’s almost impossible to find a nursing bib here in the Philippines….until now.



Breastfeeding moms of the metro, let’s thank our stars that INDIGO is here! Born out of love by two moms, Indigo offers bibs we can use to “nurse in peace” minus the US dollar signs. Furthermore, moms will not only be able to nurse in peace but she/they/we will be able to nurse in style – the designs are fantastic!

If you visit their site, http://indigomanila.multiply.com, you’ll see that they do not only sell nursing bibs. You can also find adorable nappy clutches and all-natural bath & body baby products which I can’t wait to try on my baby.

Visit their site and be ready to become an Indigo mommy!

No comments: